Parking Lot Striping / Line Painting
Parking Lot Striping Services:
Maintaining the parking lot striping in your lot will greatly improve the overall appearance of your facility. Many property and facility managers will use parking lot striping for a quick, powerful, and affordable means to invigorate the appearance of their properties. Parking lots that are properly laid-out and painted will create a sense of safety and organization for vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Whether your parking lot painting project is maintenance or new construction, Trueline Striping is capable of completing the job with quality and efficiency at a reasonable price.
Industry Terms Relating to Parking Lot Striping:
- Line Striping / Line Stripping
- Parking Lot Marking
- Line Painting
- Parking Area Marking
- Line Striping
- Line Marking
- Asphalt Line Painting
- Painting Stripes
Types of Line Striping Offered:
There are several options when it comes to parking lot striping layouts and styles. Trueline can help you decide things such as: Do I want single lines? or Double lines? Or Do I want straight end design or the popular round end design for the parking line? We can help with the design of your stalls or follow a set of well drawn blueprints. It's entirely up to you. Its best to consult your city planner before you make any design decision that can affect your parking lot users. We offer link to many local municipalities here.
- Single Line Striping / This is a striping line that is just one single line separating two car spaces. This is the least expensive option when it comes to parking lot stripes.
- Double Line Striping / This is a double line usually boxed at the end. Spaced approximately 1 foot apart from center line to center line these are preferred because they give drivers a small buffer that allows for better entry and exit of their parked vehicle and their car doors opening.
- Round End Striping / Round End stalls are exactly like the double line parking lot striping mentioned above. However, they have a decorative rounded half circle end instead of a square flat end like the standard counterpart. Many high end malls and business parks like to use these to add a touch of class to their line striping layout. Since they require a separate stencil to complete the round end they usually cost more than the standard double square ended stall line.
- Custom line Striping / Custom parking lot design is just that, custom, and anything that you can think of pretty much can be painted. Through a whole set of tricks and tools our industry has acquired over the last 50 years. Parking striping has come a long way and people are starting to come up with some amazing ways to make their drab parking lots look interesting and different while serving its basic function of organized parking. With mixed medias such as paints, tapes, decals, and stencils. Parking Lot strippers are able to do some fun and creative things on Asphalt, Concrete, Dirt and grass. Just give us a call and we can discuss your next big idea.
- 90 Degree / This type of parking line is basically a stall that you pull straight into. Also referred to as head in parking. It means that when a vehicle pulls into a 90 degree stall it is positioned perfectly straight into the stall perpendicular to the curb face.
- 60 Degree / This type of parking lot striping line is the second most common degree of parking stall layout. It is also referred to as angled parking. This is the least sever angle one can use when laying out a parking spaces and is often used where head in or 90 degree parking is not permissible. Another reason one might want to use this type of layout would be that it helps create more back out space from the parking stall making it easier for vehicles to pull in and out of.
- 45 Degree / This angle choice in parking lot striping is exactly like the one mentioned above however the degree is even greater. The tighter an area is that parking is trying to be created for the greater the severity of the angle is needed.
- 30 Degree / Same as above. However not recommended. When you start using angles this severe it usually comes at a huge cost to the number of stalls you can actually fit into that area. If you have no choice or the space is simply not a concern than this can work. But in most cases these angels are not practical.
- T-stall / Also known as boxed stalls. This type of layout scenario is typically used in an alley or up against a fence or block wall. The layout of allows a property owner to take advantage of areas where parking typically doesn't occur. An example would be a building owner laying out parking along a wall where a driveway is. In order to maintain traffic flow he can't place a traditional parking space however; he can use t-stalls. This basically means striping the corners of single spaces parallel to the wall marked only by the two corners of the cars outer edge with a T.
- Tandem parking / This type of parking lot striping layout refers to designing parking so that instead of parking one car in a space you can park two or even three depending on the layout space available to you. The Vehicles are typically parked head in and the two cars are bumper to bumper. This only works in a situation where the tenant of the parking space is designated and they have the ability to move the car when necessary.
Types of Paint Offered:
There are many different paint products to choose from based on the type of parking lot striping you need done. Trueline is very familiar with all of these products listed below, plus may others. If you have a custom lot striping paint you would like us to use that's not a problem either. If you contact us we can discuss your paint options to find a solution that's right for you. When choosing the paint always consult with your salesmen or local paint rep for the best fit for your specific striping application.
- Water Based Paints / Best used on light traffic low maintenance parking lot areas. Most parking lots and curbs are painted with this type of paint because of its low cost. Its affordability comes at a sacrifice of strength. However most businesses do annual parking lot maintenance so long term durability is not always a necessity.
- Oil Based Paints / One step up from water based striping paints in terms of quality, but be sure oil based paint is not going to be striped over existing water based paint or adhesion will be an issue.
- Two Part Urethane Enamels / Enamels are a great product with an industrial strong finish. Best used outdoors because of its ability to stand up to the elements. Sometimes however two coats are required to get the desired finish and they can get costly.
- Two Part Epoxies / Epoxies are very similar to the enamel family of paints however; they are best suited for indoor use such as warehouses, distribution centers, and factories. They are also more costly and sometimes require two coats to get a desired finish. However they last much longer than water and oil base products.
- Thermoplastics / Thermoplastics is powder or block of polymer that turns to a liquid when heated and then turns to a glassy like paint finish when cooled. When you see striping on freeways and roadways more often than not that is thermoplastics. Thermoplastic striping has a large profile making it a bad choice for parking lot striping but a great choice for drive ways and distribution terminals stencils such as stops and arrows. It holds up to the elements and traffic extremely well however, it's costly and requires a time consuming installation process.
- Plus many colors / Most all of the above mentioned paints can be made into to almost any color with the exception of thermoplastics. If you have a custom parking lot striping color that you need, just give us a call and we will let you know what can be done.
Areas Services for Parking Lot Striping
- Orange County
- Riverside County (Inland Empire)
- Los Angeles County
- San Bernardino
- San Diego
Call Trueline Today for your fast and always free Parking Lot Striping estimate. We would love to work with you today. Just Click the "Get a Quote" button on the left or call us at 1-800 603-1116